Monday, March 2, 2009

Mexico... More like Deathico

Because apparently people are getting killed as fuck down there right now. The State Department issued a new travel warning for Mexico on Friday, urging Americans to use caution not just in border areas but also in tourist resorts because of increasing violence. Scary things like, robberies, homicides, petty thefts and carjackings have been steadily increasing over the past few years. There is even some "personapping" going on (why the fuck people be sayin "kidnapping" when people be getting stolen, that's stupid, plus usually sleeping is not really involved in the art of "kidnapping"). Oh my name is Mikey by the way, and if you don't know me and just stumbled upon this article, I'm kind of an idiot. Another bogus thing stupid American tourists are getting themselves caught in the middle of is, battles between Mexican military and well-armed drug cartel gangs. Here is a tip that they are telling Americans traveling to Mexico to help keep themselves safe: "only visit legitimate business and tourist areas during daylight hours, and avoid areas where prostitution and drug dealing might occur". I'm sorry but I guess I have no reason to go to Mexico, literally the only thing interesting about Mexico is getting involved in some shady business. Prostituting is pretty cool, and so is purchasing drugs from that one guy with the lazy eye and half of a thumb in the bathroom of a cantina in Puerto Vallarta when I was 18. Actually, isn't that why people go to Mexico in the first place? For that rush of stabbing a coke dealer and then high-fiving with you drunk friends later on back at the resort's pool bar. I dunno, maybe its just me, here is another fucking gem of a tip from the state department: "U.S. citizens who believe they are being targeted for kidnapping or other crimes should notify Mexican officials and the nearest American consulate or the Embassy as soon as possible, and should consider returning to the United States". Thank you... thank you very much for that, and for all of the other very obvious solutions you've been providing. I'm gonna see if I can find some more details about why all of the sudden the State Department feels the need to issue a travel advisory. Mexico has always had a bit of a dangerous reputation, no? Yes, I believe it has. So talk to you later you bunch of queers!

No comments: