Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thoughts on a Movie No.7

Mmm, yup, that's what I'm talking about! I saw a really cool movie tonight at the theater, and I'm not one to jump to conclusions, but this movie may end up being a favorite of mine, possibly FOREVER, or at least until we get Andrew McCarthy and Jonathon Silverman back together for another Weekend at Bernie's installment. There hasn't been a lot of press for the movie Moon, I think that's good though for the viewer, because I really didn't have much of an idea of what it was about, aside from some shit about the Moon. Sam Rockwell plays an astronaut working on a lunar base alone for a 3 year stint, his only companion is a helpful robot named GERTY (voice of Kevin Spacey). For me it was awesome, but I'm a big fan of 2001, and space shit like that so, it makes sense that I have a massive space b*ner about Moon. Basically, earthlings have found a new fuel source on the moon (helium-3) and Sam's (also his character's name) responsibility is to harvest the fuel source and rocket the surplus back to Earth from time to time. He is two weeks away from his return back to Earth after a long and lonely 3 years on the dark side of the Moon. Now, towards the end of his contract up there, a whole bunch of craziness and mindfuckery begins to happen. I really don't want to give anything else away, you should see this movie for sure, don't even watch the trailer or anything, just go and see it as soon as you can... Or I'm gonna come to your home, while you're sleeping, kill you and steal life force, you have two weeks... two weeks.

Without a doubt I'm putting this at a 5 out of 5, that's the first movie I've given full on love to, in fact, I loved it so much, I wanna take IT to the movies and maybe get it a little drunk on wine and fool around with it a little. I hope I haven't built it up to much for you, and I really do think you should go see it, if you like this kind of stuff, that is. You know what? Nevermind, you don't deserve this... You don't deserve anything, this movie is too good for you.

No comments: