Tuesday, April 14, 2009

All Aboard the Pirate Bandwagon, Toot, Toot!

As most of you probably know I have been getting pumped up about Pirates my whole life, even before the media and television jumped all over them. Really though, I don't think people would have been as intrigued by the recent news stories, had we not romanticised the term "Pirate", I mean, we could just as easily called them "Water Terrorists" or "Terrorists H20, directed by Rob Zombie". Regardless, I've been following the story over the past few days and like most of the people I know, found it pretty captivating. So, today I get to work fire up my rig, and front page of Yahoo! say's more Pirate shenanigans. Now it's time for the media to start devouring everything Pirate related until there is nothing left. I even saw a little blurb about Spike TV, already pitching a show called Pirate Hunters: USN, the day this fiasco began. The show will follow two USN Warships around heavily pirated waters, documenting their stories. So, I came up with a few more we could rattle off to the networks:
  • Dancing with the Pirates

  • Pirate or no Pirate

  • America's Next Top Pirate

  • Who Wants to be a Pirate

  • Real Pirates of the OC

  • Real World: Pirate Ship

  • Amazing Pirate Race

  • My Super Sweet 16 Year Old Pirate

  • Extreme Pirate Makeover

  • The Pirate Apprentice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's funny