Monday, February 22, 2010

Thoughts on a Movie No. 12

Benicio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins star in something that at first seemed totally radical and the more I think about it, actually was. All the make-up and special effects were pretty cool. There ended up being more CG than I expected, but the shots and scenes showing the make-up work definitely added to the old time horror movie nostalgia. Just because we have they ability to computer generate awesome imagery these days doesn't mean it should be done to death. "The Wolfman" is basically about a middle aged woman who is having an affair with this dude that works at the blockbuster by her house, but used to work at UPS and is thinking about going back. Er... I mean it's a kick ass movie set in 1890 about Werewolves, Gypsy's and some British people that don't necessarily talk like British people. The main British people live in this huge but slightly decrepit and spooky castle/house thing. Again these movies have been increasing the violence and gore lately which adds to their value. In my favorite scene a guy holding a gun gets his arm ripped off and nerve impulses make his detached arm fire the weapon as it's laying on the ground. All in all this was a pretty darn fun and exciting movie and I would recommend it, just pure good fun, mindless enjoyment, which is perfect for my attention span, this was a cool thing to look at.

I'll go like 4.12 out of 5

Quote of the Movie: "I will kill ALL of you" -Benicio right before turning into the Werewolf.

No comments: