Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thoughts on a Movie No. 10

Ninja Assassin

The action and fight scenes were really cool, tons-o-blood and over the top violence! It was at times a little too CGI heavy and just generally kinda ridiculous... But when you pop in "Ninja Assassin" a little bit of ridiculousness is to be expected. Since I was a little high while I watched this, I keep going back and forth trying to figure out if "NA" was "really cool" or "really shitty". There was one moment when the Ninja clan was about to execute our protagonist for betraying the clan on moral grounds, when I was like "I think this movie might be amazing"! Right as I completed the thought, like four Hummers with mounted machine guns bash in the gate and start blasting all these super bad ass Ninja. Furthermore, the Hummers are being driven by some kind of ambiguous International Ninja Task Force (okay not ambiguous, we'll call them "INTF"). I retracted my previous thought about "NA" being "amazing" immediately thereafter. By entertainment standards the Pros outweigh the Cons here, and if you feel like watching Ninja fuck the fucking shit out of shit, then I proudly recommend "Ninja Assassin".

I will give it a 3.15 out of 5

Quote of the Movie: "I have reason to believe that a group of Ninja may be on their way here!" -Ambitious Young Lady Cop

2 comments:

Empress Awesome said...

Dude movie! But I love your sandwiches :D

Mikey Januska said...

Total dude movie, but your right sandwiches can be enjoyed by everyone!