Monday, June 18, 2012

Vice Guide to Puking Mothers...

First things first... I'm posting like the worst... It's only because I've been put forth due diligence to self-manifest more potential Ghost Sharkeness ("working") this past week or so. I enjoyed a glass of alcoholic Pinot Noir and watched a Vice Guide to Travel about Karachi, Pakistan, a crazy place in the world that's totally fucked... That's basically what Vice Guide is. A well produced, written and executed documentary series giving us an insight into what it's like in the places we like to pretend do not exist. But they do, I've now had two profound moments while watching this series where I said to myself, "Wow, if I ever mange to make my way to hell or whatever version of that, that probably (definitely) does not exist, this would be that place". Simply terrifying, but the journalists and crew that Vice has assembled, bring it all together in a digestible and strangely optimistically encouraging vehicle. In short, it's the best fucking doc series in the word and ever. The embedded video below is the episode I just watched, see if it's something you can get into... Or, if you're just another fucking idiot. I guess that's fine too. 


Crazy Right!?... You didn't watch it, don't lie to me... Anyway, after watching the documentary, I had a contemplative cigarette out back. I was thinking about the haunting interview that the journalist conducted with a contract killer that worked for the political faction AMF, or the mafia MQM or Al-Qaeda or whoever, they all seem to be working together to kill each other. When all of the sudden I hear a coughing, gargling, dry-heavie sound coming from the near-by front of my house. I quietly snuck over to the side of my back yard to where it sounded closest. I waited a beat or two and heard it again. Initially, I thought it might be an old washed up drunkard I could coax into my garage for some murder, or a Floridian transplant wandering the streets looking for a face to chew off... But after hearing the last out burst I realized it was a girl. My guard was down now so I decided to take a more brazen approach to my investigation. So I walked around the far side of my house to the corner where the street light is and I saw my 2 door down neighbor (who I think is a recent mother) puking off to the side if her front entry. I just laughed to my self, said "Good for her!" and went back into the house. It was a nice realization into the fact that, hey, sometimes moms need to get totally fucked up too! It does beg the question if some horrible relationship with her father forced her to get wasted on the Sunday of Father's day?... I'll make my own assumptions about that recent mothered neighbor who was drunk outside a little bit ago.. I'll make my own assumptions...

No comments: