Monday, June 4, 2012

Anatomy of an Evening with a Fancy Bachelor No. 1

I found myself sitting on my couch, stoned to BeJesus at about 8:30 PM flipping through the XBox Marketplace, just looking at sweet screen captures of games I was considering buying, when it occurred to me that I hadn't really eaten very much today... In fact, can I be honest with you bros?... I haven't been eating much at all since 9/11... So a podcast I was listening to was talking about Quinao Pasta (Keen-Wah), it's amazingly healthy pasta alternative that in its unprocessed state contains 32 grams of protein per cup. So I say to myself, "lets get up off the couch and check out some of this Quinao pasta they speak about and make "us" (my multiple personalities) an nice meal from the new fancy Standard Market that just opened up by my house." I walked in and asked a super gay stock kid where I could find "Keen-Wah" Pasta, he did his best to accommodate, but ultimately dropped the ball on delivering me "Keen-Wah". For about the tenth time today I find I'm talking myself of the ledge... "So, they don't have "Keen-Wah" pasta Mikey, it's okay... it's okay, just get some regular pasta, you need to eat." So I did just that and bought a few other things too. I created this little photo-legend series to illustrate how a successful, God-Damned bach fixes a meal he doesn't really have the time to fix himself between cashing checks and banging hot black girls... and that super gay stock boy! As always, you may click the image to enlarge.


This was pretty much my night... I spent it writing a blog post about how you should spend your night... How Meta! You should note that there was one item I did not talk about or photograph after the cart. Item "I", Raincoast Crisps, some kind of crazy cracker thing with seeds in it, I originally figured I could eat my Menchego cheese on them, sprawled across my bearskin rug, drinking Sauv "F'in" Blanc in front of the fireplace. But the dipshits (they were all nice) forgot to bag my fancy crackers, $6.59 down the tubes. You will pay for that Standard Market.

No comments: