Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Energy Drink Review - 12/16/09

Monster M-80 Energy+Juice (Yellow "M"):
The Monster brand of energy beverages has been the brand I've cultivated the strongest loyalty towards. My usual choice would be the Monster Lo-Carb (Lt. Blue "M"), after a while though, I decided this flavor tasted like a combination of cotton candy and piss. Where the real jam lies in the Monster brand is its "Energy+Juice" variations, these contain a ratio of "80% juice/100% Monster"... I'm no scientist, but not sure that works out right. Regardless of the fundamental misunderstanding of percentages, these are probably my favorite type of energy beverage. This morning I enjoyed the Yellow "M", which tastes a lot like a carbonated pineapple juice. They also make an Orange "M", that has a strong orange flavor, very close to those "Daily-C" vitamin C tablet things. The only downside is the calorie content which is 180 cal per 16oz., it also contains 100% of your daily C, B2, B3, B6, B12 vitamins.

In the Energy Beverage Game (My Game) both flavors get 5 out of 5.

No comments: