Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thoughts on a Movie No.3

I watched Lesbian Vampire Killers last night, you may or may not remember me witting about this movie a while back. My expectations were pretty high for this film, and I can't really say they were not met. Production quality was pretty damn solid, in no way did I feel like I was watching a low-rent, bullshit moving picture. Here's the Shits: A dude gets ditched by his girlfriend, and his chubby extroverted best mate just got canned, so they go get pissed at a pub.... Wait a minute, this IS Shaun of the Dead so far, like exactly, British accents and all! It's okay, I'll let it slide. They wanna go on holiday to go take their minds off shit but they're broke as shit (shit!). So Jimmy, the skinny one, says they'll go hiking wherever a dart lands on the pub's map. They end up hitting the road and head to this shit dick little countryside village called, like "Crenwich" or something. They're unaware of the terrible curse laid upon the village by a 17th century Lesbian Vampire Demon Queen (your standard "LVDQ"). They cross paths with a group a 4 ridiculous Dutch co-eds (two of which I'm sure work at Spearmint Rhino), who are studying folklore at university, and that's the reason they have come to the village. The group finds themselves in a small abandoned cottage in the forest being tormented by these lesbo vamps, and shit goes down, you know! I really don't want to spoil any more of the storyline here for you all so just go hunt it down yourself if you'd like to see it (or if you know your business you can get it here).

Ultimately, it was entertaining, I laughed, I cried, I even cleaned my living room and folded some clothes while it was on.

I'm gonna put it at a 3.5 out of 5. I'd say if you like any of the following things: Lesbians, Vampires or Killers. It might be in your best interest to take 85ish minutes out of you evening and see this movie.

No comments: