Sunday, September 28, 2008

Crab Cakes but with Salmon and Jalepenos


I haven't done one of these recipe things in a while so here we go. A while back I made some salmon cakes and they were really good, and pretty easy. I went to a wedding last night and they served a crab cake with the fillet, and last weekend I had a crab cake at this restaurant we went to. Why all the crab cakes, you might be wondering, and the answer is, I don't know, it just feels right. They are all around me everywhere I look there are fucking crab cakes, on TV, on bicycles, in the coffee shops, smoking cigarettes outside the methadone clinic in town, everywhere. I wonder who would win in a fight between a Crab and a Salmon of equal proportions, let's reflect on that for a moment..... nice, yeah I agree they would both die from injuries sustained in the epic battle. Good show Crab and Salmon, good show. What the fuck am I talking about here, oh yeah. Since, I've never really cooked or fucked with crab all that much, salmon is easier to work with and easier to find. (1) Get some salmon, one of those 7oz. metallic packages and put it in a mixing bowl. (2) Make sure it is all separated and flaked, add some diced jalepenos, about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, one beaten egg and some dill. (3) Mix it all together until consistency is looking even, now for balls of the mixture and flatten them out on a plate. (4) Throw these little mothers in a skillet or wok with olive oil and fry them up until the are looking good and goldeny brown. That's it. Wait what?

No comments: