Monday, July 16, 2012

Standard Market Trip No. 2

This afternoon I decided I was in need of some groceries. I've been so god damned busy lately, I haven't had anything in my fridge for weeks! So, I smoked a bunch of weed and bought about $250 of amazing shit from this relatively new high-end grocery store near my house. Initially, I was just looking for something quick to eat for lunch, then get caught up in the moment of how great everything I was seeing looked! I love this place... Maybe even more since I was walking around the place like some kind of stupid poor person who had just won a scratch off lottery ticket, baked out of my skull, listening to astrophysicist Neil De Grasse Tyson's podcast "Startalk". As I go through everything I bought I will price out and give you the run down of the things I had the pleasure of putting in my stupid body. Tonight I got pretty deep into some lamb chops and bacon wrapped scallops. Here are the photos of the business I bought.


I started by drizzling a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or EVOO as my bitch of an ex-wife Rachel Ray might say...

Next, I added a little garlic and fresh ground pepper for seasoning...

Following that, I added some coarse crystal sea salt that looks like it came straight from a Wes Anderson film, absolutely would fuck this packaging if I could... I did.. I didn't.. did I?

This is the finished product, I can honestly say, they were absolutely delicious. I originally was going to grill them but ended up using the broiler in my oven. Slightly over cooked for what I wanted, they were medium, I was looking for medium rare, but I'm tellin' you... Still tasted amazing!

 After a couple of Vodka Drinks using this as my mixer...

I moved on to these tasty little buddies!

I've recently become obsessed with this Thai sweet chilli sauce. The scallops were topped with Mae Ploy and the same garlic pepper combo I used on the lamb chops.

And here is how these turned out, I did fire up the grill for them, equally as delicious as the lamb chops I consumed about an hour earlier, just a little more Oceany... I don't think I'll ever eat a carb again by the way. I want my abs to have abs that also have abs with tiny little baby abs on them... I wonder if scallops have abs?... I bet they don't. Actually, I think a scallop is just a singular ab. So, they do, it is... Sorry my Russian friends for not posting lately, have been very busy. More content coming for you weirdos soon. Also, what's up Netherlands? You guys are bitching out lately!! LOOK AT THIS BLOG! Bas is looking...

No comments: