Monday, July 30, 2012

BANECTAR'S Gotham City Uprise Playlist...

If you might have guessed, I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Knight Rises when I saw it one week ago today. Never Forget! The character of Bane played by Tom Hardy was the favorite aspect of the film for me! With the rest of the cast I was beginning to think I was watching Inception 2: The Crooks from Kathmandu... or whatever Christopher Nolan will call it. I'm digressing here a little. So, yeah Bane was pretty bad ass, so much so that I've been thinking about Bane, impersonating Bane... I did what any other Oscar winning actor would do. I started to think about what else Bane does... Outside of being a living Anarchy Samurai... What are his favorite things? I don't have to tell you if you've seen the movie, but Protein shakes I'm sure he likes... What kind of music does an Anarchy Samurai listen to? I own that btw now, "Anarchy Samurai" is official intellectual property of CDS5k. My initial thought was that he would obviously be into Anarcho Punk stuff... Then I thought probably based on his get up he might be more of a Rammstien/Powerman 5000 villain, but then I remembered they haven't been relevant in the last 12-14 years. In Powerman 5000's case, relevance never existed, except for hearing that he was Rob Zombie's brother or something. Then I thought I nailed it by thinking he would totally be listening to like, super dirty, crunchy Dubstep stuff... Still no... BUT I was riding around with Bane the other day teaching him how to back around a corner and observe school zones... and guess what, he left his 5GB Microsoft Zune in my car!!! So now we have a little insight to what Bane might listen to as he systematically destroys the system, you'll be surprised:
  1. "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" (Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes) – 4:47
  2. "Be My Baby" (The Ronettes) – 2:37
  3. "She's Like the Wind" (Patrick Swayze) – 3:51
  4. "Hungry Eyes" (Eric Carmen) – 4:06
  5. "Stay" (Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs) – 1:34
  6. "Yes" (Merry Clayton) – 3:15
  7. "You Don't Own Me" (The Blow Monkeys) – 3:00
  8. "Hey! Baby" (Bruce Channel) – 2:21
  9. "Overload" (Alfie Zappacosta) – 3:39
  10. "Love Is Strange" (Mickey & Sylvia) – 2:52
  11. "Where Are You Tonight?" (Tom Johnston) – 3:59
  12. "In the Still of the Night" (The Five Satins) – 3:03
So, after getting about three songs in, I realized that the only songs on Bane's Zune are the ones from the original 1987 Soundtrack of Dirty Dancing. I would never have guessed it. But, if I can just take a moment and get serious here? Because, this is what CDS5K is all about, we wanna bring you the truth once and for all, on the topics that shape the future of the human race. So here it is. An album I downloaded on a whim a few years ago but never really listened to, came onto my shuffle. The artist is called Tear Gas & Plate Glass, I was gonna skip right through it... But I let it play, and it hit me, THIS IS WHAT BANE WOULD LISTEN TO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It only took you 3 songs to recognize the Dirty Dancing soundtrack?

Mikey Januska said...

Really just one...