Thursday, August 23, 2012

This Week or So in Photos... and other stuff...

That's it, you have no choice, if you're reading this right now you have just committed yourself to watching the film The Raid: Redemption. I'm going to Martial Arts nerd it the fuck up here for a minute and say that, The Raid: Redemption will do for Pencak Silat, what Ong Bok did for Muay Thai, which is effectively, blow it the fuck up as a bad ass way of killing people. Pencak Silat is a fighting style from the South East Asian Archipelago I'm all too dangerously familiar with, known as Indonesia! Fundamentally speaking, it's like a more exaggerated kind of close quarter style of fighting. All I really have seen of it is in the movie, so I guess that's to be considered why I say "exaggerated". Most of it seems to have a strong focus on stick and edged weapons (knives / machetes) kind of like the Philippine's Kali. Anyway, it's incredibly entertaining to watch.

It's pretty nice to wake up outside in a tent. It was freezing cold tho. That's why I woke up and took this photo actually, I was freezing to death and my body woke me up so I wouldn't die! I was however, the first person awake in the entire "campground" (it was actually the football field of a Reagan Middle School, located approximately in ShitDick, Illinois... actually it was really nice). Upon coming to the realization that someone stole my Vans (shoes) that I thought I parked outside the tent, I walked barefoot too my car to retrieve a pair of feet holders. I considered going on an axing spree on some of the sleeping campers, cuddled up in their tents when I saw my axe in the trunk. But, instead I just grabbed my other pair of Vans, took a piss, went back to my tent, found my "stolen" Vans, smoked some weed, took my brain pills and went back to sleep until around 9:30-10:00.

I've been having some run-ins with sleep demons lately, they're small, about the size of a child, but they're fierce too (not the way gay guys mean it)... Hot teeth and claws for miles on these little mothers. Think, like a gremlin but less herky-jerky on their movement, sleep demons move like cats and strike like cobras.

It may seem a little "white bread" for beer snobs, but I actually continue to like this beerBev...

So, I was trying to make my domicile smell pleasing on this day, by adding some scented room defuser wax to my various vessels around the house specifically engineered to do that. I looked over at the plate and thought to myself, "that looks like cheese"... then I wondered.. "am I going out tonight?"... "I think I am"... So I wrote myself this warning JIC!

I ain't saying shit about this shit... Are you a Cop?... If you're a Cop, you know you have to tell me (that's one of those hilarious urban legends all stoners have told other stoners, perpetuating some kind of rediculous legal weed mythos). I'm still not saying shit tho...

Made some lunch on this day, pork tenderloin wrapped around feta cheese, asparagus and spinach. I idiotically placed Yukon Gold Potatoes below in a Pyrex casserole dish to cook in the delicious swine juice... 

It ended up being quite fantastic... a little dry, sauces might be needed in the future to perfect this one.

So weird, I opened my front door for the first time in months to find a mysterious package at the front door. When I opened it, I had no idea what to expect. Was it some Tony Robins-esque self-impro money making VHS tapes my dad had ordered me? Something I ordered in the midst of a Sauvingnon Blanc brown out? I had no idea, so I pulled this out of the box and it had the following post-it note on it....

Shark bag you say?... Here's the money shot...

It took me a minute to remember who the fuck Catherine Rose is, on the account of the amount of how many hot bitches I be smooching... As it turns out, the previous statement is totally untrue and it was my Shark Week gift from my dear good friend Catie Santo Juan who works for Zappos, a small mom  and pop outta Las Vegas... Cate, you are the coolest and never cease to amaze me by the amount of shark shit you have brought into my life! :)

I would like to personally thank days when no one needs anything from me, and my parents dish network log-in info for HBO GO, since I don't have cable. Sometimes you stumble across the exact thing you need! Which is an over-grown Carcharias Carcharodon who just generally wants to fuck some shit up... Black Flag's "Loose Nut" is on right now... H to the Rollins... Are you respected as a singer of Blag Flag? A bartender from the Red Blood Club in Dallas a couple of years ago would strongly detest...

You are a Master & Commander of playing it straight sir... Buy your weed from Russel Crowe... Sour Diesel Hybrid.

I really don't wanna talk too much about it, but the ceiling in my fucking kitch collapsed while I was out of town... Turbo Negro is playing now.. This sucked and is gonna cost some $$$... Came home from camping, kind of expecting this to be the case, based on the new crack I woke up to on Friday morn... But, it has inspired me to maybe just have them rip the entire ceiling out of my house and vault that shit... Making lemonade you know? I've had like 4 contractors come out in the last couple of days and as long as my insurance company doesn't fuck me, we gonna be fine... I did have to clean all this shit up tho...

The worst part about being hung over on a Sunday having to shovel asbestos ridden insulation out of the room you cook food in, is that somewhere in the mix you may lose an antique porcelain monkey pepper shaker, still have the salt one tho... I'll never forget the way that the pepper one looked at me.. it was like all the sodium intake was immediately linked with the fact that my evolutionary precursor was delivering it to me... Like he had realized my evolutionary entity was further developed than his own... He haunts me in the night or Noche... Eventually, this must all boil down to the fact that my hands look crazy right now, and I'm entirely too high.

The most important thing to remember is that this blog is mostly a journal. I'm putting it together for a good cause, after I die, blind ass kids from Georgia, not that ATL one... or Midnight in the garden of good and evil one... The one where the General's dagger is from... Will have a chance to attend community college, It might be fair to come clean and say... click on our website... But we don't have one...

No comments: