Saturday, September 22, 2012

Insta-Art! No. 1

I'm so fucking sick of looking at that animated gif of myself, It's almost driven me to the brink of suicide. Maybe, if I wasn't such a god-damned narcissist and didn't have my blog set as my home page, I wouldn't have to see my fat, whore ass, pouring Irish whiskey down my gullet all because Finn looked at me with his iPhone and said "do something"... Good for you Finn, your little games with your animated gif app have just about ruined my life. Every time I turn on my computer all I see is the dancing monkey you have turned me into. For this, you will never be forgiven. Or maybe, I should just post something more than once every (approx.) 45 days or dias. Man, I am so sorry guys for not posting... It is YOU the follower out there that backed me off the ledge of imminent death on the pretense of self hatred. If I offed myself, you wouldn't have CDS5K anymore, or a reason to live!  Therefore setting off a chain of events that would lead to mass suicides and the eventual extinction of human civilization. Paving the way for the monstrous next step of evolution, oversize reptilian life forms roaming the earth... Wait that happened already right? Well, like fashion and large hadron colliders, evolution can be cyclical in nature I suppose.

Having been someone who spent some decent coin on trying to hone my fine art skills at a credited educational institution, I sometimes get myself caught in thinking about what is or is not art. I worry about the fact that certain skill sets can become obsolete, thanks to computers making art for you. Instagram for example, all of the sudden everyone is a photographer. I think it's the ease of whipping out your (eeeasy...) iPhone and snapping a pic of anything and making it look pretty nice. There is also the constant need to merge your real and digital life with other people who are just always trying to one up everyone else in saying, "That's pretty cool, but look what I'm doing faggot! #imcooler". Now, I can't say that I'm not guilty of this also... But guys, I only do it when I'm drunk, so... back off alright. Anywhozles, I just really wanna get to blogging a bit more here than I have been in the last couple months. I just havent had muFuckin' time... So here is my .5 seconds invested in being an dime store Instagram photographer while stuck in soul crushing traffic this past week, the textures in the concrete and road surface is what does it for me here, I can get lost in those for hours... but also I am on mushrooms.

No comments: