Saturday, September 29, 2012

5 Years in Japan!


We did it! It feels like only yesterday that I helped broker the deal to bring Burger King to the Land of the Rising Sun. I made a lot of money in the process too. It was a rainy night in the Roppongi District of Tokyo and I was drunkenly disoriented on my surplus of flame-broiled BK goodness I had smuggled into the country. A polite and sympathetic Japanese Burger Chef Satoru Mukogawa, helped me out of the streets and my own mess I had been festering in for the last 48 hours. Upon arriving to his Dojo Satoru-San asked what had been the origin of my current state... I weakly pulled the last BK burger from inside Pikachu, my albino tea-cup Pomeranian (aka my cheeseburger smuggling "mule"). Satoru-San, questioned at first, but I encouraged him to eat. His eyes turned black with joyous intoxication, no less black than the wings of Satan himself. He knew at that moment that Japan had been missing out on what may be the most important culinary success of the last 5000 years. We spent the next month perfecting the craft of the Burger King flame-boiled chemical meat patty, both knowing our lives would never be the same. That's how it all began, a serendipitous meeting between a cheeseburger junkie and a universally renowned burger chef... We were crushing it. If you were eating a cheeseburger in Japan in the late aughts of 2000, there's a 95% chance you were eating one of ours. We laughed our way to the bank on this one and there are no signs of slowing down. So to commemorate the fateful night in which we got completely black-eyed on cheeseburgers, we've collaborated once again to bring you the Kuro Burger (Black Burger) hitting your local Japanese Burger King late last night for a limited time only.


We've used fresh bread blackened by mixing bamboo charcoal into the dough. Then we took it another step further by adding our black flavored ketchup, which is a traditional ketchup blended with garlic and squid ink along with a special secret blend of spices. We've priced these things out at 790¥ (US $10) for the value meal and 450¥ (US $5.75) for the sandwich alone. Please do yourself a favor, fly your gaijin ass to Japan and eat one of our delicious Kuro Burgers!

No comments: