Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thoughts on a Movie No.16

I heard about this movie from the comedy troop (I hate saying it that way, “troop”), Derrick Comedy. It’s about three (mentally underdeveloped) late-teenaged friends who still operate and run the neighborhood’s “Mystery Team”, they basically solve small time crimes. The first in the film, for example is to find out who stuck their fingers in Mrs. Brook’s pie while it was cooling in the window sill. It gets pretty serious and fun when they are meet with their biggest case yet, a double murder of the parents of a cute little neighborhood girl. In all honesty, I did’t think I was all that thrilled about it the first time, but after giving it another watch and my full attention. I think “love” is what you call my feelings about “Mystery Team... love. The story is so well written and it’s like a dark adaptation of something you might see Saturday morning when you were 8. The main actors you would recognize are basically all the mid-late twenties kids that are running network television right now. Cast credits include SNL, the Office, Community, 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation. This movie is hilarious and gets funnier every time I watch it which is already 3.

Total CDS5K points as determined by the judges... 4.3 out of 5

Quote of the Movie:
“Looks like we’ve got a long night of cocaine ahead of us.”
-Duncan, while on an undercover sting in a drug dealers house, during the investigation.

No comments: